Question: How Do you charge USBMC deep cycle batteries?
Answer:There are numerous correct ways to charge the batteries. Typically, charge at C % 10 amperes, (where C = the 20 hour capacity of the system expressed in Ampere Hours) until the battery voltage rises to 2.583 Volts per cell (i.e. 7.75 volts for a 6V battery). Hold this voltage constant for 2-4 hours and stop charging. A similar method would be to charge at the following upper limits and terminate the charge when the time limit is reached:
- Charge Current = C % 10 Amperes
- Charge Voltage = 2.583 Volts per cell
- Charge Time = 10 Hours Battery temperature adjustment: reduce the voltage by 0.028 Volts per Cell for every 10oF above 80oF, increase by the same amount of temperatures below 80oF.
Question: What is the float voltage for standby applications?
Answer:2.17 Volts per Cell adjustment for the temperature above.
Question: What size battery do I need for my application?
Answer:胜游亚洲 Determine how many amperes your application needs from the battery and for how long.
- Multiply the two to obtain Ampere Hours required.
- Increase this by 20% for a safety cushion, and from our capacity charts, match a battery which will deliver this many AH for the required time and voltage.
- Connecting batteries in parallel adds AH, and connecting in series adds the voltage.
- In either case the energy (WH) storage capacity is increased by the amount of energy each additional battery provides.
Question: What is the cycle life of your batteries? Your competition says theirs last the longest?
Answer:胜游亚洲Any claims of lasting longer are based on selective data as a marketing gimmick (i.e. selecting the best of one and comparing it to the worst of the other) and is misleading. Battery life, like anything else, cannot be precisely pre-determined, any more than the life of your car or humans.
- The actual life out in the field, when operated under identical conditions, is the only valid criteria.
- One way to differentiate the life and performance is to look at the amount of materials, and the type of materials used in making the product.
- U.S. Battery Manufacturing Company uses more of the life and capacity giving active material than our competitors. Plus the unique grid alloy and state of the art processing technology gives you the best possible life and performance.